Skip to content

Help us improve ScootPad!

We want to hear your ideas for improving ScootPad! Check out what others have posted, add your thoughts, and learn more about recently completed ideas. When you post an idea, others will be able to vote and add comments.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

194 results found

1. Report Containing Both Math and ELA Progress

I would love to be able to print out a report that contains BOTH Math and ELA progress, rather than print each report individually.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Individual Answers on Assessments

The ability to see individual student answers on the assessments that we make! I want to see their errors so I know what I can fix in small group!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We are excited to announce that you can see student responses for over 40 of the 50 different item types we offer. This represents the majority of the items students will see. We will be working on the remainder. Please note that this affects student practices and assessments going forward and not for the past. We thank you for your patience!

ScootPad team

3. ELA - Written Responses

Many of my students are getting the written response questions wrong because they're not typing the answer absolutely perfect. This is a point of frustration for many of the students. If this could be adjusted then it would be appreciated.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Assignment questions - Assessment Format

I would love to see the questions types on assignments match the questions types on the assessments. Students practice on assignments, but the assessment question style is different and it can confuse some students. Maybe add some similar 'assessment style' questions to the practice?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Math (Assignment Reveiw) EDIT OPTIONS

While in the Math (Assignment Review) window it would be nice to have the option to edit the assignment directly from this window, particularly the end date, rather than going back to the assignment grid and finding the edit pencil. It all is a bit clunky when operating within the same assignment. It would be nice to have editing options or editing link within the review window.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

We are excited to announce that you can now edit the assignment within the review window. This exciting enhancement will make updating the assignment super easy.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

6. Scoring Reading Logs

Put the review feature for the reading logs on the same page as the submission feature. Then teachers don't have to scroll constantly/flip between the two to be able to score the reading logs.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone!

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Now, you can view and edit a student’s submission on one page in the Reading Log. Just select a student within the Review page and you can open up the Review & Feedback drawer and the submissions drawer.

Again, thanks for your feedback, support, and patience. We appreciate you all for helping us improve the platform. :)

7. Assignment Review Options

A suggestion from me would be....if there was an easier way to review assignments. Click and go would be ideal. Currently, we have to scroll through the assignments, click on the particular assignment, then wait for the assignment to load. Could there be a way to see the scoring of the assignment on the listing? Or review scores of each particular student.

We have different items we can look at in the reports option. Why not add assignments as another option? I would like to see their assignments as well as know the %. Seeing how they are answering a…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thanks for the suggestion! We have revamped the assignment feature based on feedback, allowing you to view data at the concept level and also by student. Visit our main page to learn more!

8. Scrolling concerns

When reviewing student work, I wish the box that I mark "reviewed" in, and give the student a grade, would scroll down the page as I scroll down to check in each student's assignment. Right now I have to click on the students name and then scroll back to the top to mark the student's grade/reviewed. Then I have to scroll back down to click on the next students name and repeat. I also wish there wasn't two tabs when reviewing student work. I like to see their scores (along with the option of how they answered the problems -…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Thanks for the suggestion! Scrolling has been significantly improved. You can also select groups of students when reviewing assignments. Please let us know if there are other concerns!

9. Clear assignment labels

Labels for assignments on the top of the box that they click so they are not confused with classwork and homework and don't have to read the small print to figure it out.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

On your students’ dashboards, they now see the name of the task in larger print. They will also see this in the task itself at the top of the page to avoid confusion. Thank you for the awesome suggestion!

10. Direct link to e_book from within Reading Log Assignment on Dashboard

WHen teachers assign an e-book, students see an "assignment block" on their dashboard with the response prompt from their teacher. The title of the e-book is in the title of the assignment, but kids have to then go to e-books, navigate through all the levels to find the book. We need a DIRECT LINK from the assignment to the e-book - just like you see when you click on the Reading Log choice in the left tool bar.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Assignment due warning

Have a way for the assignments to display different warnings. Example- one day before due date the assignment highlights in orange so student knows its priority. It changes to red on date due. Or have a way for teachers to send individual memo to student privately that they read when opening Scootpad.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion! We have updated the program with the ability for teachers to get alerts about which students have not submitted their work by the designated due date. Only students who have yet to complete their work will get a 24-hour reminder alert. Parents are also kept in the loop when an assignment is approaching the due date. Visit our homepage to find out more!

Thanks for your feedback!

12. Lessons 2.0

Ability to upload class notes/assignments/videos to correlate with standards in Learning Path

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide a Usage Report that documents time spent over a given time period regardless of whether assignment or practice set was completed.

Currently, teachers only see minutes spent/problems completed when the assignment/practice set has been completed. If a student works slowly, their usage may not always show up. For example, if a teacher assigns 15 mins/week for homework - and the student does not complete all 20 questions in that time but did work for the 15 minutes and got 14 questions finished, there is no record of that to the teacher. It makes it hard for teachers to hold students accountable for that 15 minutes/week.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your patience! In the student activity report, you can now see tasks in progress even if it is beyond the due date. This will allow you to see items the student already answered and how much time has been spent ! Thanks for being rockstars and using ScootPad!

14. Fireworks

Please bring back the fireworks! Scootpad isn't Scootpad without the fireworks!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Don't put the holiday themed stuff on the log-in page.

I like the idea of an attractive log-in page, changing it seasonally. Some of my students feel awkward with the holiday themed images.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Proficiency Report

Currently parents can see the proficiency by concept report with the lowest % listed first. If you number these on the left hand side it would be easier for parents/teachers to assign the weakest concepts more easily.
    For example if I want to make 2 assignments based on the weakest concepts I can click on 1-10 then 11-20 to make 2 assignments fast and easy without having to count where I left off.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Vocabulary

Add more options for vocabulary learning and review. My 5th graders do not study spelling and the options under spelling are limited as far as using it for vocabulary. I am stuck with using quizlet for vocabulary and I would love to use scootpad for vocabulary.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ScootPad currently has 1,700+ Word Lists in it’s Public Lists section. These lists are created by ScootPad and other teachers and categorized by grade level. You can access these lists when adding a spelling assignment and clicking on the Public Word Lists tab.

18. end of the year

Would love to see an end of year student report that includes username and password so that we can print it and put in student's cum folders for next years teachers. That would make it easier to transfer them to your room for that year.
    Sharon Ussery

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback! The student mastery report is a report that can be printed year over year. The teacher can choose to print it and display only the current class or all classes the student has been in. This will allow for a longitudinal view for anyone to review. While the student username and password is not on there, this is a very useful resource. Keep in mind that a student password, and perhaps username, can change at any time at the discretion of the admin. Therefore, this may not be super useful going into the next year. Let us know if you have further questions!

19. Assessments

When assigning an assessment you should be able to give more than 4 questions.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Filter students by last name

When I am looking at Assessment data( I am sure other places also) it filters the students that I have enrolled by first name. Can that be switched to last name?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?