Skip to content

Help us improve ScootPad!

We want to hear your ideas for improving ScootPad! Check out what others have posted, add your thoughts, and learn more about recently completed ideas. When you post an idea, others will be able to vote and add comments.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

194 results found

1. Class Forums

Create a forum for students to post to specific questions set up for students to reply to and also attach documents other students can see as well. I would like to see a forum for students to be able to ask questions for the teacher and vice versa. I was thinking of something set up similar to how online courses are set up. This could be used for questions and submitting assignments which would be a nice alternative to typical paper and pencil. A lot of my students do not have email addresses and this would help serve as a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Love the new changes, especially the parent wall to enhance communication.

LIke IXL.com, I'd like to see pictures with fraction math questions, because developmentally, pictures aid with the mental construct of fractions for 3rd, 4th and 5th graders.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Need a more user friendly way to Customize Learning Path.

Make customizing the Learning Path easier to use. When I choose the outcome it jumps me back to the very start every time and I have to click through a bunch of steps to get back to where I was only to do it time and time again.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Linking to webpages

Have links open in a new window on iPads. Right now students can not leave the link once they get there. They need to close out of the app and reenter into it to respond to a link that I shared with them.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Spelling idea

I would love to see spelling using a picture of what you want spelled and blanks. Maybe a hint button that adds a letter would be a "clue." so that kids can stay motivated. Maybe even a mode where all the letters were present in scrambled order for those that are really struggling. I make these worksheets up myself, using word, but it is very time consuming and I only have very rudimentary graphics.... I'd love to see an ScootPad Version of this spelling game for kids to try. I'd love to see lists of common spelling included sort of…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. end of the year

Would love to see an end of year student report that includes username and password so that we can print it and put in student's cum folders for next years teachers. That would make it easier to transfer them to your room for that year.
    Sharon Ussery

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback! The student mastery report is a report that can be printed year over year. The teacher can choose to print it and display only the current class or all classes the student has been in. This will allow for a longitudinal view for anyone to review. While the student username and password is not on there, this is a very useful resource. Keep in mind that a student password, and perhaps username, can change at any time at the discretion of the admin. Therefore, this may not be super useful going into the next year. Let us know if you have further questions!

7. Send shout out to my child to congratulate her on a job well done or something similar.

As a parent, Is there a way to duplicate a child's assignment to another child?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. easier referrals

It's too difficult to get teacher referral credits because of all the steps needed to input the name in your account settings. If you navigate through someone's personal link, the credit should register automatically.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to see the ability to assign a link to specific websites that provide further learning opportunities

I would like to be able to assign a student to go to a particular website for additional practice or explanation.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On going reading log - Daily entries

I would like students to be able to write in the reading log as they go, doing daily submissions instead of having to do it all at once.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Include Questions in Proficiency by Standard Report

I think it's great that I can see which standards my students are struggling with, but I would love to see the questions they answered with that standard so I can see what types of questions they got correct and which ones they were struggling with.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Practice is dynamic in ScootPad as students can receive questions on various DOK levels and no 2 students will have the same exact content. However, to review content at the question level, you can use the assessment feature to drill down and see what types of questions and the exact questions students missed.

Thanks for your support!

12. Math Upgrade needed

The Math component of ScootPad REALLY needs some changes. Teachers are not able to drill down on the concepts to complement what is being taught in the classroom. The concepts are presented in too broad a fashion and students quickly give up. We would love to see it improve and be of the same quality as ScootPad ELA.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. We are super pleased that the math content has been completely revamped for 2.0! More content, more state standards, more concepts, and deeper DOK levels!

Thanks for the support!

13. Keep overdue assignments visible

When the due date for an assignment passes, it disappears from the student view. I still want the student to complete it, albeit flagged as late. Now, I have to manually make it a later due date for the student to see it, and then he/she doesn't really register that it is the old assignmnet, just being done late.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Just a heads up that this feature was released! Check out this section when scheduling assignments. You can also see all active assignments on the new assignment feed!

Thanks for the suggestion!

14. Export Mastery Grid to excel

Are you planning an export feature to excel for the mastery grid data in Reports 2.0

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Filter students by last name

When I am looking at Assessment data( I am sure other places also) it filters the students that I have enrolled by first name. Can that be switched to last name?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Printing Assignments

I would love to be able to print students' writing assignment responses.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. autopopulate progress reports across learning paths for easy download

Parent conferences are next week and I want to give teachers progress reports from Scootpad (I am the GT teacher, so I see kids across the whole school, all grades with a variety of learning paths). However, when I went to progress reports and download all students, I get 100s of pages of blank forms b/c it's only showing me one learning path. That means I would have to either go student by student (and do the pull down for each student's learning path), download...sort out hte kids who have never signed in who are in that learning path... and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion! You now have the option of selecting from 1 student or multiple students and you can print out a historical mastery report by the student, omitting students without data.

Cheers,
    ScootPad Team

18. Admin Account- Student User Information

I'm a school-level admin in a school with 750+ students. I need a place to print out a spreadsheet-style page with all of my student usernames and passwords to give to my teachers. I would like to be able to see/print a list with all student info on one page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

You can print out a list of students for each classroom that includes the SUN, userID, and password from the Enrollment page within your admit account. Use the dropdown menu at the top to select a classroom then click the print icon on the top right.

If you want to print out ALL student info regardless of which classrooms they are in, you can do so on the Students page under Users located in the main left navigation.

Thanks so much for your feedback, support, and patience. We really appreciate it. :)

19. Spelling capability is limited.

Ability to capitalize proper nouns and place in dashes for compound words in the spelling section.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Class Wall

Allow students to do longer responses on class wall section. This would be like a college blackboard scenario allowing students to formulate a response to a question posed by the teacher, but also learn to respond to others in a controlled setting.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base