Skip to content

Help us improve ScootPad!

We want to hear your ideas for improving ScootPad! Check out what others have posted, add your thoughts, and learn more about recently completed ideas. When you post an idea, others will be able to vote and add comments.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

104 results found

1. Admin Account- Student User Information

I'm a school-level admin in a school with 750+ students. I need a place to print out a spreadsheet-style page with all of my student usernames and passwords to give to my teachers. I would like to be able to see/print a list with all student info on one page.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

You can print out a list of students for each classroom that includes the SUN, userID, and password from the Enrollment page within your admit account. Use the dropdown menu at the top to select a classroom then click the print icon on the top right.

If you want to print out ALL student info regardless of which classrooms they are in, you can do so on the Students page under Users located in the main left navigation.

Thanks so much for your feedback, support, and patience. We really appreciate it. :)

2. Update the look of Scootpad

Change the look of Scootpad so that it doesn't look childish to a middle or high school student working well below grade level.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Vocabulary

Add more options for vocabulary learning and review. My 5th graders do not study spelling and the options under spelling are limited as far as using it for vocabulary. I am stuck with using quizlet for vocabulary and I would love to use scootpad for vocabulary.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

ScootPad currently has 1,700+ Word Lists in it’s Public Lists section. These lists are created by ScootPad and other teachers and categorized by grade level. You can access these lists when adding a spelling assignment and clicking on the Public Word Lists tab.

4. Math (Assignment Reveiw) EDIT OPTIONS

While in the Math (Assignment Review) window it would be nice to have the option to edit the assignment directly from this window, particularly the end date, rather than going back to the assignment grid and finding the edit pencil. It all is a bit clunky when operating within the same assignment. It would be nice to have editing options or editing link within the review window.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

We are excited to announce that you can now edit the assignment within the review window. This exciting enhancement will make updating the assignment super easy.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

5. Mass assigning students to take a placement test

Have the ability to mass assign a placement test instead of clicking on individual students.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Parent-Teacher Talk

Message the teacher... would be great to be able to send a message/email the teacher right on the ScootPad platform.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Preview assignments & assessments

Would like to be able to preview an assignment or assessment after making it and before the kids take it.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everyone – thanks for the suggestion/feedback! Currently, you can preview an assessment with the exact questions students will see in Assessment 2.0.

In Assessments 2.0, click on My Assessments, then on My Own Assessments, and just click on the Preview Icon (magnifying glass). You can find this icon on assessments in the Open Content Platform as well.

As for the new targeted practice feature in Practice 2.0, you now have the ability to preview multiple questions that will potentially be on that specific practice but due to the dynamic nature of the practice the questions will not be exactly what your students will see. Take a look at the new site that gives a nice explanation here (https://www.scootpad.com/features/mas-targeted-practices)

Thanks so much for your support and patience. You all are awesome.

8. Allow parents the option to print an assignment.

It may seem counter-productive, but as a parent, I would like the option to print an assignment so that I can help my child with concepts that she may not have yet mastered. It is very difficult to help with Math trying to read the computer screen. It is also difficult, and distracting, for my child, to try to use the scratch pad; so we do the work on paper.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Parents can print work their students have completed by logging into their students account. Go to Math/ELA and then assignments/assessments and click the blue magnifying glass to view/print the completed work.

9. Allow students to skip a math problem (and come back to it).

Allow students to skip over a problem that they are struggling with and move on to a problem that is easier. When kids get stuck it strikes a blow to their self confidence. By allowing them to skip a problem and move on to others that they can do, they can gain the confidence to come back and solve the "tougher" problem.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. sharing children with multiple teachers

Wow, we really really need to be able to have kids in multiple teacher portals while keeping the same account. So the homeroom teacher, the GT teacher and the ELL teacher can all have the same child and the same child's account under portal teacher portals so we can all see the data. THis should be able to be done for a single child or a group of children (e.g., assign the ELL teacher access or "shared ownership" of a group or subset of kids.

I think that to have a school best use the platform, from GT to ELL…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to alphabetize fulfilling rewards (not just by date)

With the rewards to fulfill, I suggest the option to alpha-order grouping similar rewards from various dates together. Put the same icons side by side. This will make it faster for us to fulfill them if we don't redeem rewards on a daily basis.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Printable Overall Class Progress Report

My administrator regularly asks for an overall progress report on my students to be posted in my classroom. I would like to have the ability to print out a standards report that displays all of my students on one table, rather than print out individual reports.

52 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature is available for teachers and now admins! Teachers can access the By Standard report for Math/ELA in their Mastery Reports page. Admins can view this report by clicking on Reports, and then clicking By Classroom.

14. Scratchpad

Make the math scratchpad closer to the actual problem.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mobile App User Interface Improvments

It would be much easier for the kids to have an actual app, not a web browser copy. It is very hard for the kindergartner to adjust the keyboard to the numbers or <> signs and other spacial character. Also i would be nice to make current module and assignment available of line. In addition the screen is so big an movable that many smaller kids accidentally pan away from their problem and get distracted by trying to find the problem back on the screen.

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hints, and Video Support

First, students are left without any support (a hint bar) during their practices, and there are no supporting videos to display the concept! Tenmarks does give hints and videos--these is a major support for teachers, as it gives them go-to resources! Hints and videos for concepts will also support students in being more able to perform individually, and at-home.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently have Scootorials (Instruction videos) for each concept! Students can access these on their dashboard, learning path, or within practices/assignments. Teachers can access these videos on their account while viewing a learning path.

17. Interaction

I love Scootpad because the assignments are linked to the current common core standards and because it's data driven. My students like it as well because it's technology base; however, they think it's boring at times. I think you all should add some interactive activities that are linked to the standards. This will make the kids feel like they're having fun and learning at the same time. Hopefully, this
    will bring the program to life.

Ms. James
    Columbia Elementary School
    Decatur, GA
    1st grade

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Thanks for the suggestion! We have boosted our student engagement features tremendously! Students are able to trade in their coins for avatars, wallpaper, play games, and more! Visit our homepage to find out more!

Thanks for your feedback!

18. Printing Assignments

I would love to be able to print students' writing assignment responses.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Assignments Scheduling

Have the ability to create recurring assignments and to copy or duplicate them

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good News! Teachers have the ability to set up recurring assignments, weekly or monthly. You will notice the additional setting while on step 3 of creating an assignment, below Start/Due date. You can also copy old assignments by click actions>>>copy on the assignments page.

20. Export Data to CSV

I would love to be able to export information into a csv file so I can isolate information

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base