1. Launch your classroom from the teacher home page:
2. Next, click on Class Settings from the Navigation bar and then Math Settings:
3. On the Math settings page, you can manage the weekly goal, curriculum settings, mastery settings, and fact fluency settings.
4. The weekly goal allows you to set the number of Math problems students must solve each week (Mon-Sun). TIP: This includes facts practiced in Fact Fluency!
5.In Curriculum Settings, you can turn Adaptive Practice ON or OFF. Adaptive Practice is what happens within a Learning Path. If OFF, ScootPad will not automatically generate practices for your students and all practice must be manually assigned (Targeted Practice). When the Adaptive Diagnostic Test is turned ON, anytime you change students’ Learning Paths, this will be automatically assigned to them. The Default Learning Path chosen during classroom creation will be displayed here and new students will automatically be assigned this path. NOTE: This is not the place to change the Learning Path you want students to work in.
6. In Mastery Settings, you can set the Proficiency Target(% for students to achieve mastery), Rigor (the minimum number of questions per each concept within the Learning Path your students must practice to achieve mastery), Practice Size (the number of questions to be generated in each adaptive/automatic practice), and the Intervention Threshold (whole-class (tier-1) intervention).
7. In Fact Fluency Settings
, you can have Fact Operations set to AUTO-ASSIGN
fact operations to students. TIP
: If you do not want students practicing Fact Fluency at all, navigate to the Fact Fluency dashboard and "Remove Fact Fluency".
You can also adjust the number of facts students see (10 or 12) and the speed threshold.
You can adjust these settings at any time.