Skip to content

Help us improve ScootPad!

We want to hear your ideas for improving ScootPad! Check out what others have posted, add your thoughts, and learn more about recently completed ideas. When you post an idea, others will be able to vote and add comments.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

194 results found

1. At-a-glance reports

At-a-glance whole class reports. I would like to be able to pull up a gradebook style table to show a whole class of students (y-axis), standards (x axis) and cells shaded in based on %mastery of each standard. Similarly, a quick glance table like that of assignment completion.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. These features have been rolled out in our new Practice 2.0 platform. At a glance, teachers can view insights by concept at the assignment level using the stoplight colors of red, yellow, and green. Visit our new homepage to see details!

2. # of Standards Mastered by student's name

On the by students mastery report it would be helpful to me to see how many objectives each student has mastered without having to click on each name on the mastery report. Sometimes the proficiency score looks great but then I see the child has only mastered 1 or 2 standards when everyone else has mastered 25.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Checking Student assignments

Please set it up so that we are able to click on a student's name to see whether they have completed all assignments.

Right now, the only way I can do this is to click on the assignment. It would be so much easier to click on a student's name to see what assignments they still owe.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Reports for "Grades" assignments

I would absolutely love a way to print a report that gives and overall average based on the grade I gave the student for an assignment. The option to average each standard would be great for tracking purposes and to give students a better idea of their current "grade" which makes more sense to some of my younger kids.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Extension Assignments/Assessments

Adding extension lessons/problems to current standards would be great for gifted learners. Our district does not allow us to teach above our grade level, they would prefer us to go deeper into the standards with our students. I would love to see more assignment/assessment options for this!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Overall Individualized Student Report

It would be ideal to be able to print individual overall reports on all standards students have been practicing - not just a report on 1 standard at a time. This would make it easier to look at students' skills in one place rather than having to look at multiple reports.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Prevent skipping questions

Prevent students from moving on to the next question if the do not change their answer on the "retry".

For example, I have several students who get an answer wrong and when they are prompted to try again, they simply resubmit the same answer in order to move on to the next question. It would help if they were "stuck" on that problem until they actually tried a second time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

With our new types of questions, students have to, in many instances, type in their answer or input the answer as there are over 50 technologically enhanced item types! NO more multiple choice as the main type of question!

Thanks for your support!

8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to Reassign (Goes along with the one under review)

Easier option to reassign failed assignments. I now have to create a new assignment for just the student(s) who did not meet my expectations. I still want to see all their attempts, but please make reassigning easier. Thanks!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Intervention Tab

The Intervention window is not helpful since it shows the average of all the scores from one standard. I have a student showing 73% passage. However, on the last check of that standard she received an 85%. To get her to show proficiency is like having her do 50 problems on a worksheet when I know after 10 she has it mastered. Having the program show one standard and then be able to click on a student to see all of their attempts would be beneficial (unless this already exists and I just don't know about it!).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

With the release of Practice 2.0, we have revamped the intervention dashboard and it is now the intervention monitor. Because wee are scaffolding while students are working, intervention happens quicker. In addition, we have solved for the averaging issue by scoring students based on a decaying average model. This gives the last score a higher weight of 65%..

Thanks so much for your support!

11. Limit math assignment problems

Teachers would like the ability to limit the number of questions on the assignments to 10 instead of 20. As the standards get more in-depth, 20 questions tends to frustrate the children. Teachers are also able to determine if the child has the understanding of the standard without the students having to do all 20.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Individual Answers on Assessments

The ability to see individual student answers on the assessments that we make! I want to see their errors so I know what I can fix in small group!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We are excited to announce that you can see student responses for over 40 of the 50 different item types we offer. This represents the majority of the items students will see. We will be working on the remainder. Please note that this affects student practices and assessments going forward and not for the past. We thank you for your patience!

ScootPad team

13. Reassign Incorrect Questions

If students miss a particular question during an assessment or assignment, there should be a way to reassign it to them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mass Fill Scores

I would love to select multiple students at one time in order to fill scores on reviewed assignments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! Yes you can review student submissions in real-time at your own convenience. Easily provide feedback for multiple students with just a couple clicks. Use custom rubrics and automatically keep parents and students informed.

Thanks

15. Link

I would love it if my students could click on a link on the wall. This used to be an option- miss it!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. REAL TIME progress board

Just thought of a "REAL TIME" dashboard where you can see an assignment and which students have completed it. I was thinking of projecting it onto my smartboard for the purpose of motivating my students to complete their work on time---and to monitor their completing it as well.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

In Practice 2.0, as your students complete their targeted practices, you can view in real time, how they are responding within each concept. This is super helpful so that you can make quick pivots to instruction and create small groups!

Thanks for your support!

17. Grading Draft Writing Assignments

After the deadline has passed for a writing assignment, we should be able to see the draft students are working on. That way we can decide whether or not to grade the draft.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello! We have revamped the writing feature! You ca now see drafts and choose to grade them. The assignments also auto-save after 10- seconds and the interface for students has been improved. Thanks for your support!

18. Math Games

Adding some fun and easy to learn math games would be a great idea for kids to learn easily

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. RUBRIC and writing improvements

I need to be able to customize the RUBRIC grades. Sometimes the assignment is only worth 2 points so I need to use a 0,1,or 2 for each category. I also need more space to type a writing assignment. I can only type 120 characters. This is not enough space for a specific assignment.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

The writing area has undergone some improvements. Depending on the browser you can easily copy and paste, but the information can still be displayed! You can also decide if you want to use the rubric and you can write as much as you would like! Try it out and thanks for your support!

20. Keep overdue assignments visible

When the due date for an assignment passes, it disappears from the student view. I still want the student to complete it, albeit flagged as late. Now, I have to manually make it a later due date for the student to see it, and then he/she doesn't really register that it is the old assignmnet, just being done late.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Just a heads up that this feature was released! Check out this section when scheduling assignments. You can also see all active assignments on the new assignment feed!

Thanks for the suggestion!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base